Friday, November 11, 2011

Candy Land Birthday Cake!

I finally talked my little one into having a Candy Land birthday because I really wanted to make the Wilton Castle cake with it.. it would have been great, but I didn't get to use that because when I went to Walmart to buy it they had just stopped carrying it. Oh well I guess, less money spent. So this cake was the best my little cake making talents can do so far. I was happy with how it turned out and also happy with new things I learned about cakes. Like frosting it with a crumb layer... I never knew! Such a good thing to know! Basic, but still grateful I learned it. Just frosting it with a thin layer all over before "really" frosting it to keep all the crumbs out of your frosting! Very helpful.
 So this is how it turned out and my little one was very pleased. She was even showing it off to her friends when there was only one piece left and you couldn't even tell what it was by then. :) I'm so glad she liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment